First Solar seeks a candidate with a strong industry background to join its India business development and sales team. The Manager will report to the Director of Business Development and Project Development in India and be responsible for supporting the development and execution of First Solar’s India project development strategy and pipeline execution.
The primary job responsibilities include: (1) assisting in the building of First Solar’s development pipeline in India, (2) positioning First Solar as a one of the large-scale solar power developers in India, (3) identifying and cultivating key strategic relationships in various states for off-take of solar power and development works (land acquisition and permitting), and (4) leading First Solar’s project and execution efforts in India.
Location: Mumbai, India
- Securing land and permits for such govt issued tenders and for Bilateral PPAs under Open Access
- Actively engage will all the SMEs within First Solar and secure all the approvals for participation in bidding
- Lead the EPC contractor selection in-coordination with the Engineering team and Contracts management within the approved cost budgets
- Manage the commercial aspects of the EPC contract from project conception to commissioning to ensure the profitability of the project
- Support the Project Finance team in providing the necessary inputs on the projects and complying with the covenants and conditions subsequent of the financing agreements.
- Work with the Business Development team to identify the key markets for bilateral PPAs under Open Access. Provide input/support to the govt affairs/ regulatory team on the changes in policies/ regulations required to enable /increase the size of addressable market
- Bidding for RFP’s and tenders under national and state level policies