- Primarily responsible for the Design & Engineering Function of Solar Energy projects from concept to commissioning.
- Carry out PV site evaluation, energy prediction, site survey, design & optimization, Finalizing Plant layout (ground mounted and roof top systems)
- Technical evaluation, Selection & comparison of components/equipment (Module, Inverter, Cable, Mounting Structure, BOS for utility scale /small scale solar PV power plants
- Finalizing Bill of Materials and issuing Technical specifications for Module, Inverter, DC cable and other associated components to complete Solar PV plants
- Assessing and updating technology, suppliers etc.
- Achieving cost leadership through design optimization and vendor development for designed BOM
- Estimation & Costing for Utility Scale/Rooftop solar project
- Providing technical support to BD for Pre-bid /proposal stage
- Liaise with other departments as well as clients and regulating authorities regarding technical requirement/issues.
- Carry out due diligence, Design Risk Analysis & mitigation plan for Ground mounted & Rooftop Solar PV Plants
- Team development, Managing and training to team and clients as per requirements.
- To develop & strengthen Process, Engineering Systems and procedures for – Engineering /system design of all types of Solar Photovoltaic power plants
- Detailed Engineering and Project Planning by adopting modern process methodologies in compliance with quality standards
- Designing commercial and utility scale solar systems, including but not limited to the Electrical, Structural and Mechanical aspects of the projects
Desired Skills and Experience
Engineering solar Power Plant Design